Monday, 16 August 2010

Wobble: Patience - LoveNotFear - Balancing



Dear all,

This time tomorrow I will be in Berlin! The silly thing is it hasn't really sunk in yet. This is silly because I've known for over a year now that I'm going to this project.

I had a little bit of an emotional wobble on Sunday, getting mega nervous and worrying about various things. Felt about the same as I did the day I went to Uni for the first time. I will share these worries because although I feel a bit better again now, they could do with prayer:

- living with my boss and his wife. I worry that they will overtry my patience and that I will have trouble finding time and space for me. They are perfectly lovely - I think that's part of the worry though, after so much independence at Uni, being cared for so much could just be annoying!
PLEASE PRAY that I am patient, truly humble and that God breaks my heart for them so I can love them more wholeheartedly.

- starting youth work basically from scratch. I worry that all my attempts at branching out from the English teaching stuff will fall flat and that I'll get disheartened and bitter. I'm scared of being mocked by just about anyone. I don't even have poor language skills to hide behind! I *know* that God will do what He will do and that He has a plan, but I don't KNOW it. Not that that makes sense.
PLEASE PRAY that I will rest assured in His love and not fear failure or mocking. Also pray for favour for the projects-to-be.

- balancing
work at the charity
& social life with other non christians I know/will get to know in Berlin
& getting involved with the New Frontiers church plant.
PLEASE PRAY for wisdom, guidance, time management...

Ok, best get some sleep before the big train trek accross Europe!

Thanks so much for your prayers, will update very soon!

Love in Christ (who is THE MAN, man!)

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment