Tuesday, 12 October 2010

Subject: The good, the bad and Bushido.


Mega speedy update (compared to the normal essay) :


Have 3 regular days in schools booked. PRAISE GOD

2 of which I have been to a good few times now.

Things that are going WELL:

- Lessons with sixth formers
- Great contacts with teachers
- Pupils appear not to hate me
- Some opportunities to explain that I'm a Christian
- Outside of school socialising with christians and non-christians.
- Starting to meet regularly with New Frontiers church plant bunch


Things that could use some prayer LEVERAGE:

- Waiting on a further 3 schools to get back to me, kind of frustrating.
PLEASE PRAY that the rest of my time can be used well - for convenient times to be found

- Patience and open mindedness/open ears/eyes wisdom etc so that I...
a) don't settle for JUST being a language assistant/girl hanging out in Berlin for a year (rather that I take my role as ambassador of Christ seriously)
b) can know (at least vaguely) where to push doors in terms of building deeper friendships

- Please pray that I can have real HOPE for my work. That God would raise my eyes and be ambitious not for my own sake but for the sake of the Kingdom.



AND FINALLY, something that made me smile...

I heard a song on the radio by a German rapper called Bushido, in which the main chorus consists of:

"Alles wird besser werden
Wir holen uns den Himmel auf Erden"

(Everything is going to get better
We're going to fetch us some heaven onto the earth)

I don't think he's a Jesus lover (correct me if I'm wrong) but I'm with him on the heaven fetching.
Yes please Daddy.
Amen?!

No comments:

Post a Comment